This easy Peanut Butter Fudge no bake recipe is soft, smooth, and creamy and you can make it with 4 ingredients (plus optional toppings) in about 5 minutes. No candy thermometer needed!
Is it even Christmas if there isn't fudge? Not for me! Homemade fudge was one of my favorite sweet treats on my grandma's goodie trays, and my delicious Christmas fudge recipes for 2-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Fudge, Chocolate Mint Fudge, and Two-Tone Cranberry Pecan Fudge always make me think of her.
As a peanut butter lover, this easy no bake peanut butter fudge recipe is one of my favorites. It was inspired by a recipe I found in my husband's grandmother's recipe box -- the same place I found these Coconut Dream Bars (OMG, so good!!).
It's the best peanut butter fudge recipe, absolutely fool-proof, and easy to make in the microwave. No need to stir your arm off or haul the mixer out, worry about it getting grainy, or wonder if it will set up.
With almost no effort and just a few ingredients, you can make delicious fudge with a smooth, creamy texture that's loaded with rich peanut butter flavor.
This is such an easy fudge recipe for the holiday season, Valentine’s Day, or any time of year.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Fun treat for holiday parties -- it also makes great gifts!
- Easy microwave fudge recipe with 4 ingredients, plus your favorite toppings!
- Quick recipe you can make in about 5 minutes with no special equipment
- Delicious no bake peanut butter fudge recipe with minimal ingredients. No marshmallow cream. No powdered sugar.
Peanut butter chips. Since there are no chocolate chips in this fudge, peanut butter chips give this creamy peanut butter fudge recipe structure AND yummy peanut butter flavor.
Creamy peanut butter. I used Skippy peanut butter. You can also use crunchy peanut butter if you want to add some texture.
Sweetened condensed milk. This easy peanut butter fudge recipe is made without confectioner's sugar. The sweetened condensed milk makes this creamy fudge nice and smooth so you don't need to worry about graininess. It's the perfect consistency every time.
Vanilla. Pure vanilla extract enhances the flavors of these simple ingredients.
Salt. For sweet and salty fudge, add a little salt to the peanut butter mixture. You can also sprinkle flaky sea salt on top.
Toppings. Dress up your fudge with salted peanuts, mini peanut butter cups, Reese’s Pieces, toffee bits, chopped candy bars, pretzels … you name it!
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Fudge: Step-by-Step Instructions
Before you get started: Prepare an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan with parchment paper or foil. Leave an overhang so you can easily lift the fudge out of the pan. Smear a little butter on the sides of the pan first to keep the parchment paper from slipping.
Step 1: Microwave peanut butter chips, peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla in 30-second increments until melted, not boiling, about 1 ½ to 2 minutes. A 4-cup Pyrex cup with a handle works perfectly for this.
Stir until combined and smooth.
Step 2: Immediately pour the fudge mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth out the top with a knife or spatula.
Step 3, optional: Lightly press toppings like peanut butter cups or salted peanuts on top of the fudge while it’s still soft.
Step 4: Chill in the refrigerator until firm, 1-2 hours. Lift the fudge out of the pan and place the slab on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into small squares, about 1 to 1 ½ inches.
- A 4-cup microwave-safe measuring cup makes it easy to transport the mixture between the microwave and counter because the handle stays cool.
- Smear a little butter on the insides of the pan to hold the parchment paper in place.
- Homemade peanut butter fudge needs to cool completely before slicing.
- My microwave is 1000w, so you may need more or less time, depending on the power of your microwave.
Store fudge in an airtight container between layers of wax paper at room temperature in a cool dry place for about a week or two or in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
No. Peanut butter fudge with sweetened condensed milk may seem like it needs to be refrigerated because it has dairy, but the high sugar content stabilizes it. Fudge will stay fresh at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
Yes, 4 ingredient peanut butter fudge recipe freezes well, even if you add toppings. To freeze, tightly wrap it in wax paper, then foil, and pop it into a freezer bag. You can store fudge in the freezer for 2-3 months.
This is one of the easiest recipes for fudge because you don't have to boil it. Just melt everything together in the microwave and spread it in the pan.
More Delicious Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes
Let's Stay in Touch
4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge (No Bake)
- 10 ounces peanut butter chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ to 1 cup mini peanut butter cups and salted peanuts
- Prepare an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan with parchment paper or foil. Leave an overhang so you can easily lift the fudge out of the pan
- Place peanut butter chips, peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla in a large glass measuring cup (4+ cups) or microwave-safe bowl. Add a pinch of salt, if desired. Microwave on high in 30-second increments until melted, not boiling, 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Stir until the mixture is completely combined and smooth.
- Immediately pour the fudge mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing out the top with a knife or spatula.
- Optional: lightly press your choice of toppings like peanut butter cups or salted peanuts on top of the fudge while it’s still soft.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm, 1-2 hours. Lift the fudge out of the pan and place the slab on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 1 to 1 ½ inch squares.
Storage & Freezing
- Store in an airtight container between layers of wax paper at room temperature in a cool dry place for 1-2 weeks or in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
- To freeze fudge, tightly wrap it in waxed paper and again in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Place it in a freezer storage bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 2-3 months.