Looking for the perfect angel food cake toppings? Keep reading for 15 fun, creative ways to turn a basic angel food cake into something spectacular.
Spoiler alert: angel food cake is delicious with pretty much everything.
A plain angel food cake is pretty perfect just the way it is. I mean, it's a fluffy cake that tastes like a marshmallowy cloud — how could that be bad?
It's the perfect base to dress up with delicious toppings for special occasions or, you know, Tuesdays.
That's probably why angel food cake is my very favorite dessert -- and I just can't stop creating new angel food cake recipes. Case in point:
- 2-Ingredient Orange Angel Food Cake
- Strawberry Angel Food Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Chocolate Angel Food Cake
- Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Cinnamon Drizzle
- Pumpkin Angel Food Cake roll with Lemon Cream Filling
The possibilities to turn basic angel food cakes into tasty angel food cake desserts are literally endless.
So next time you need an impressive dessert, here are 15 ways to take an airy angel food cake to the next level.