Once you make your own sweet potato shoestring fries, you may never bring home the frozen bag again. In just twenty minutes, you can turn a couple of sweet potatoes into a healthy snack or easy weeknight dinner side dish everyone will actually eat.
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
You’ll love these
Easy. Prep time on these sweet potato fries is just five minutes. So, no sweat there.
Healthy. Bagged fries are fried first. When you make your own sweet potato fries, you skip the whole fried step and go straight for an oven fry that’s crispy with just a quick drizzle of olive oil.
Delicious. You kind of forget these are actually good for you because they’re so darned good. And if you give your family the choice between a baked sweet potato or spiralized sweet potato shoestring fries, I think I know which way this vote would go.
How to Make Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries
Preheat oven to 425. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
Spiralize 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes on the large noodle setting. If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a mandolin or julienne peeler or cut the sweet potato into thin strips with a knife.
Arrange sweet potato spirals in a single layer on the parchment lined pans. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and Italian seasoning, and toss to coat the potatoes in the oil and seasoning.
Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Keep a close eye on them towards the end so they don’t burn.
Remove sweet potato fries from the oven and sprinkle then with salt, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
Crispy Italian Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato (or 2 small)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Spiralize 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes on the large noodle setting. Or use a mandolin or julienne peeler.
- Arrange sweet potato spirals in a single layer on the parchment lined pans. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Keep a close eye on them towards the end so they don’t burn.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
Hungry for More Healthy Snack Ideas?
Banana Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream
This tabletop spiralizer sticks to your countertop with a suction cup so you can spiralize without slipping around. I used the "fettuccine" setting on my spiralizer to achieve the perfect sweet potato shoestring fry.
Nordic Ware Baking Sheets
For this recipe, I used two sheet pans for one sweet potato so I could spread out the shoestrings to allow them to brown evenly.
Leave a Reply