Sweet Jiffy Cornbread with creamed corn, honey, and sour cream is incredibly moist and perfectly sweet. Easy recipe with simple ingredients.
- Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Try These Easy Cornbread Recipe Ideas Next
- Step-by-step Instructions
- How to Make Sweet Cornbread with Honey in a Cast Iron Skillet
- Storage & Freezing
- Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Honey Butter
- Expert Tips
- Recipes to Serve with Cornbread
- Get the Stuff I Use
- Let's Stay in Touch
- Jiffy Sweet Corn Bread with Creamed Corn
If you love sweet cornbread that's super tender and moist, this is the perfect recipe for you! This Jiffy Sweet Cornbread recipe is pretty much cake.
It starts with an easy, easy (and CHEAP!) box of Jiffy cornbread mix. Just stir in some sour cream and creamed corn for moisture and honey for sweetness.
Bake until golden brown and slather it with Cinnamon Honey Butter and even more honey.
You can bake it in a square baking pan or cast iron skillet -- keep scrolling and I'll show you how to do both.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
The best Jiffy cornbread recipe for the sweet cornbread lover
Cakelike cornbread recipe that's incredibly moist and perfectly sweet
Semi-homemade cornbread with basic ingredients
Try These Easy Cornbread Recipe Ideas Next
- Paula Deen Jiffy Corn Casserole Recipe. Jiffy cornbread casserole topped with cheddar cheese -- delicious for any holiday meal
- Blueberry Cornbread Streusel Bars. Sweet Jiffy cornbread with a jammy blueberry center and crunchy streusel topping
- Cornbread Salad. Beautiful Jiffy cornbread layered salad, perfect for feeding a crowd at a family gathering or church potluck
See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the full list of ingredients in this creamed corn cornbread recipe.
Jiffy corn muffin mix. This sweet corn bread with creamed corn recipe starts with two boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix.
Eggs. Eggs act as a binder and give the sweet cornbread rise.
Sour cream. Sour cream is a key ingredient to super moist cornbread recipe. You can substitute full-fat plain Greek yogurt.
Honey. Honey is a natural pairing with cornbread and is the perfect addition when you want to make a sweeter cornbread. You can also use maple syrup. If you like your cornbread a little less sweet, reduce the honey down to ¼ cup.
Cream-style corn. Sweet cornbread with creamed corn has a little extra sweetness, moisture, and even more corn flavor.
Butter. If you're making cast iron skillet cornbread, you'll need a little bit of butter for the pan.
Preheat the oven to 350.
Spray an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan or casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Add the boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix, eggs, cream style corn, honey, and sour cream to a large mixing bowl. Stir until completely combined. The batter will be lumpy.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs and the internal temperature reaches 195-200 degrees.
How to Make Sweet Cornbread with Honey in a Cast Iron Skillet
Preheat the oven to 350.
Place one tablespoon of butter into a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
Place the pan in the oven while it preheats.
Stir the Jiffy mix, eggs, creamed corn, honey, and sour cream together in a mixing bowl until combined.
Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven. Pour the cornbread batter over the melted butter in the preheated cast iron skillet.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick in the center comes out clean. The internal temperature should read 195-200 degrees.
Storage & Freezing
Wrap cooled cornbread in a double layer of aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place it in a ziptop bag or an airtight container.
Store at room temperature in a dry, dark place for 1-3 days. Store in the refrigerator to prolong the life by a few more days.
To freeze cornbread, wrap it in a double layer of foil then place it in a ziptop bag or airtight container. Freeze cornbread in a single layer, as stacked pieces can stick together. Store in the freezer for a few months.
To thaw cornbread, keep it wrapped in foil or plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator or on the countertop to thaw.
Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Honey Butter
Sweet creamed corn cornbread with Jiffy mix is a great side dish, especially when it's smothered in Cinnamon Honey Butter and drizzled with honey.
Click here for my recipe for copycat Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Honey Butter.
If you like your cornbread a little less sweet, reduce the honey down to ⅓ or ¼ cup.
To keep the cornbread super moist, be careful not to over bake.
Let the cornbread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before slicing.
Let the cornbread cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before cutting it into squares or wedges.
There are a couple of ways to tell when this easy Jiffy cornbread recipe is done. First, check the center of the cornbread with a toothpick. If it comes out clean with moist crumbs, it's done. Or use an instant read thermometer. The internal temperature of cornbread should be 195-200 degrees.
To keep cornbread from sticking to a cast iron skillet, first make sure that your skillet is well seasoned.
Recipes to Serve with Cornbread
This sweet Jiffy cornbread mix recipe is the perfect side dish for chili or soup.
Get the Stuff I Use
My Lodge 10-inch Cast Iron Skillet is perfect for making sweet cornbread with creamed corn and this Blueberry Cornbread Streusel Cake.
I especially love the spoonula in this Spatula and Spoonula Set because it scrapes out every last bit from cans, measuring cups, and mixing bowls.
Let's Stay in Touch
Follow Midwestern HomeLife on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, and subscribe via email to receive all of the latest recipes!
Jiffy Sweet Corn Bread with Creamed Corn
- 2 packages Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 can creamed corn
- ½ cup honey
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter for cast iron skillet cornbread
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan or casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir the Jiffy mix, eggs, creamed corn, honey, and sour cream together until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The internal temperature should be 195-200 degrees.
Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread Variation
- Place a cast iron skillet with one tablespoon of butter in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 with the pan.
- Prepare the cornbread mixture as directed above. Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and pour the batter over the melted butter.Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The internal temperature should be 195-200 degrees.
Leave a Reply