Lavash flatbread pepperoni pizza is a fast, easy, and delicious thin crust pizza you can make in minutes with a few simple ingredients. Perfect for a snack, or served with soup or a green salad for a light dinner.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, you'll get more FREE recipes and tips from my Midwestern kitchen to yours!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails from Midwestern HomeLife
Pepperoni lavash pizza is my favorite fast and easy pizza recipe. It's loaded with gooey cheese, spicy pepperoni, and a dash of savory pizza seasonings on a crispy cracker-thin crust. And it uses ready-made lavash bread as a crispy flatbread crust instead of traditional pizza dough.
What is Lavash?
If you've never had lavash bread, it's a thin, soft unleavened flatbread with origins in the Middle East and Central Asia.
Lavash is super thin, so it's perfect for thin-crust pizzas. It's also a lighter option than regular pizza dough, so you can go ahead and eat the whole pizza yourself!
Because it's so thin, it bakes quickly -- you can make the whole thing in about 20 minutes, start to finish.
Lavash flatbread. You can find lavash in the deli section of your supermarket. I used Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Lavash Bread.
Pizza sauce. You only need two tablespoons of pizza sauce -- any more than that and you'll have soggy pizza.
Provolone and mozzarella cheese blend. Provolone and mozzarella are the ideal pizza cheese blend for meltiness and flavor -- it's what many pizzerias use.
Pepperoni. You can also use turkey pepperoni.
Crust. You can also make this on pita bread, naan, or a pre-baked pizza crust
Sauce. Basil pesto is a delicious substitute for pizza sauce.
Toppings. Feel free to experiment with your favorite toppings like sausage, Canadian bacon, bacon, bell pepper, green onion, red onion, black olives, or fresh basil. To avoid a soggy crust, use "juicy" toppings sparingly and layer them on top, not right on the crust.
How to Make Lavash Pizza
Step 1: Place lavash on a parchment paper lined sheet pan. Evenly spread 1 teaspoon of olive oil on top of the lavash.
Bake at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes or until it just starts to turn golden brown.
Step 2: Evenly spread the pizza sauce over the entire crust, all the way to the edges.
Step 3: Add the shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese, pepperoni, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
Step 4: Bake for 8 minutes or until the cheese melts and the crispy edges are dark golden brown. Cut into pieces and serve with parmesan cheese.
- The KEY to a crispy crust is pre-baking it. Don't skip that step!
- Easy does it on the sauce -- lavash pizza is really susceptible to sogginess.
- Spread the pizza sauce and cheese all the way to the edge of the lavash to avoid dry edges.
To reheat pepperoni flatbread pizza, place on a baking sheet and cover with foil. Bake in a 375 degree oven until the pizza is warm and the cheese is melted.
Lavash pepperoni pizza has a lighter and crispier crust compared to traditional pizza.
Yes, Lavash bread is versatile and can be used to make wraps, sandwiches, quesadillas, chips, or even as a base for bruschetta.
Lavash bread can be found in many grocery stores, particularly in the bread, bakery, or deli section. It may also be available in Middle Eastern or Mediterranean specialty stores. If you can't find it locally, you may be able to purchase it at Amazon or other online retailers.
Store leftover lavash pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
More Great Recipes
Let's Stay in Touch
- 1 lavash flatbread (approx. 11.5" x 8.25") I use Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat Lavash Bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded provolone and mozzarella cheese blend or all shredded mozzarella
- 1 ounce pepperoni about 15 slices
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the lavash on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Evenly spread 1 teaspoon olive oil on top of the lavash. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until it just starts to turn golden brown.
- Evenly spread the pizza sauce over the entire crust, all the way to the edges. Add the cheese, pepperoni, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges are dark golden brown. Cut into pieces and serve with parmesan cheese.