When the chocolate craving strikes, these triple-chocolate macaroons will make everything right in a hurry, thanks to three kinds of chocolate -- cocoa powder, semi-sweet chocolate, and white chocolate. This fast and easy gluten-free cookie recipe mixes together in just 5 minutes and bakes in 15.
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
You’re going to love these
So, so easy -- it’s ridiculous, really. Open a bag of coconut, open a can of sweetened condensed milk, add some vanilla, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and bam, you’re done!
Gluten-free cookies. There are no weird ingredients or odd flour substitutions to worry about. All these ingredients are naturally gluten-free.
Customizable cookies. The great thing about making macaroons is that you can make them your own. Stir in whatever you like -- almonds or dried cherries would be nice in these chocolate macaroons, don’t you think? You can stir in ½ teaspoon espresso powder to boost the chocolate flavor and add a little coffee kick.
How to Make Chocolate Macaroons
Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
Combine one 14 oz. bag of coconut, one can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, ¼ cup cocoa powder, and ½ cup mini chocolate chips in a bowl. Stir until completely combined.
Chill dough in the refrigerator for about an hour to keep the cookies from spreading during baking time.
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Melt white chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Keep microwaving in 10-second intervals until it is completely melted and smooth.
Drizzle your chocolate macaroons with white chocolate, then sprinkle more mini chocolate chips on top.
- 1 14 oz. bag shredded coconut
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Combine one 14 oz. bag of coconut, one can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, ¼ cup cocoa powder, and ½ cup mini chocolate chips in a bowl. Stir until completely combined.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for about an hour to keep the cookies from spreading during baking time.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle with white chocolate, then sprinkle more mini chocolate chips on top.
Create your own macaroons
If you want to try out your favorite flavor combinations and make your own macaroons, just start with this super easy 3-ingredient macaroon recipe then go for it! Add whatever kind of nuts, chocolate, dried fruits you like. Then tell me all about it, I’d love to hear what you created!
Hungry for more macaroon recipes?
Silicone Baking Mats
Silicone baking mats are awesome. For baking cookies, they help prevent the dough from spreading and the cookies from sticking. Plus, clean-up is a breeze. But you'll end up using them for all kinds of things.
These baking racks come in super handy not only for cooling your macaroons, but for glazing them, as well.