Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls with heavy cream and homemade cream cheese icing is an easy recipe to elevate a simple can of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls into the perfect treat for breakfast, after school snacks, or anytime!
- What to Serve with Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- You're Going to Love This Recipe
- How to Make the BEST Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- How to Reheat Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Expert Tips
- Get the Stuff I Use
- More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Let's Stay in Touch
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
These fluffy air fryer cinnamon rolls were inspired by popular Tiktok cinnamon rolls.
The videos share simple hacks to transform store-bought Pillsbury brand cinnamon rolls into something that tastes more like homemade cinnamon rolls.
These delicious cinnamon rolls were leveled up by baking them in heavy cream and slathering them in EXTRA cream cheese frosting.
The heavy cream is a game changer because it keeps the cinnamon rolls moist and makes them extra fluffy and tender.
As for the extra cream cheese frosting? Well, that was just necessary. Whoever is in charge of deciding how much frosting goes into a tube of cinnamon rolls is ... let's just say ... stingy.
Air fryer cinnamon rolls bake in about 12 minutes vs. 25 minutes in a conventional oven -- which makes these gooey, warm cinnamon rolls the perfect quick breakfast!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
You're Going to Love This Recipe
Delicious treat to satisfy your sweet tooth anytime of day (not just breakfast!)
Warm, fluffy cinnamon rolls with homemade cream cheese frosting -- from a tube!
Easy air fryer cinnamon roll recipe for busy mornings
For the Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls. This is the BIG tube with 5 rolls. I get the ones with Cinnabon Cream Cheese Icing.
Heavy cream. It may also be called heavy whipping cream -- same thing.
For the Cream Cheese Icing
Softened butter. You want the butter to be very soft so it creams well with the cream cheese.
Softened cream cheese. Use room temperature cream cheese that's nice and soft so it whips up without lumps.
Powdered sugar. If you prefer stiffing icing, you can add a little more powdered sugar.
Heavy cream. Just a teaspoon is all you need to make the frosting smooth and creamy.
How to Make the BEST Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
1. Make the cream cheese icing.
In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla together until smooth and fluffy.
If desired, stir or mix the frosting from the tube of cinnamon rolls into the homemade cream cheese frosting.
2. Prep the air fryer and pan.
Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees.
Spray a little avocado oil or olive oil into an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan that fits into your 6-quart air fryer. You can also use parchment paper to line the pan.
3. Prepare the cinnamon rolls.
Separate dough and arrange the cinnamon rolls in a single layer in the pan.
Pour ½ cup cream around the rolls.
4. Air fry cinnamon rolls.
Place the pan into the air fryer basket. The easiest way I've found to lower the pan into the bottom of the basket is with a foil sling. Tuck the ends of the foil down before sliding the basket in.
Air fry the cinnamon rolls for 6 minutes. Remove the pan and flip the rolls over.
Air fry for 6 more minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the internal temperature reads 190.
The exact time may vary for your air fryer model. Check on them a couple of minutes before the end of the cook time to make sure they don't overcook.
5. Frost the rolls.
Slather the cream cheese frosting over the warm rolls.
Store leftover cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
How to Reheat Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 350.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in an 8 or 9-inch pan that fits your air fryer.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of water or cream over the rolls. Spread each roll with a little butter.
- Cover the pan with foil.
- Air fry for 3-8* minutes or until the rolls are warm throughout.
*Room temperature rolls will warm up in about 3-4 minutes. Cold rolls taken right out of the fridge may take up to 8 or more minutes.
Use an aluminum foil sling to lower and lift the pan into and out of the air fryer basket.
Check for doneness a couple minutes before the end of the cooking time -- no one wants hard cinnamon rolls!
The secret to making perfectly cooked cinnamon rolls in the air fryer is to flip them halfway through. Don't forget this step!
Yes! Air fryer Pillsbury cinnamon rolls are a perfect quick and easy breakfast because they cook in less time than the oven. For best results, don't follow the instructions on the can. Place the rolls in a baking pan and pour ½ cup cream around them. Air fry at 360 for 12 minutes, flipping the rolls halfway through. Frost the warm rolls with the frosting from the tube or make extra cream cheese frosting.
Pillsbury air fryer cinnamon rolls baked in heavy cream soak up the liquid and become moist and pillowy soft with rich flavor.
There are two quick and easy hacks to make canned cinnamon rolls better.
1. Bake the cinnamon rolls in heavy cream. This makes the dough moist, pillowy soft and gives it a rich flavor -- closer to homemade.
2. Add more frosting. There's nowhere near enough frosting in a tube of cinnamon rolls. Make a small batch of homemade cream cheese frosting and stir the canned stuff into it.
Get the Stuff I Use
Instant Vortex Plus 6-Quart Air Fryer has a super big basket, 6 smart programs, and is easy to clean.
My KitchenAid electric mixer is great for everything from whipping egg whites and whipped cream to powering through even the thickest of cookie doughs.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
Let's Stay in Touch
Follow Midwestern HomeLife on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, and subscribe via email to receive all of the latest recipes!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
For the Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls
- ½ cup heavy cream
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla together until smooth and fluffy.
- If desired, stir the frosting from the tube of cinnamon rolls into the homemade cream cheese frosting. You can also leave it out and just use the homemade frosting.
Make the Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Spray a little oil into an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan that fits your air fryer.
- Arrange the cinnamon rolls in the pan. Pour ½ cup cream around the rolls. Use a foil sling to lower the pan into the air fryer basket. Tuck the ends of the foil down before sliding the basket back in.
- Air fry the cinnamon rolls for 6 minutes. Remove the pan and flip the rolls over. Air fry for 6 more minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the internal temperature reads 190. The exact time may vary for your air fryer. Check on them a couple of minutes before the end of the cooking time to make sure they don't overcook.
- Slather on the cream cheese frosting. Serve warm. Store leftover cinnamon rolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply