Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls with heavy cream is an easy recipe for pillowy soft cinnamon rolls with homemade cream cheese frosting you can make in about 12 minutes. Perfect treat for breakfast, after school snacks, or anytime!
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, you'll get more FREE recipes and tips from my Midwestern kitchen to yours!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails from Midwestern HomeLife
This easy recipe for fluffy air fryer cinnamon rolls was inspired by popular Tiktok cinnamon rolls videos that transform store-bought Pillsbury brand cinnamon rolls into something that tastes more like homemade cinnamon rolls.
These delicious cinnamon rolls are baked in heavy cream, which makes them super moist and tender, then slathered in a thick layer of easy homemade cream cheese frosting -- the best part IMO!
You're Going to Love This Recipe
- Soft, fluffy cinnamon rolls with homemade cream cheese frosting in about 12 minutes!
- Moist, tender Pillsbury air fryer cinnamon rolls baked in heavy cream
- Homemade tasting air fryer cinnamon roll recipe from a can of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls. This is the BIG tube with 5 rolls. I get the ones with Cinnabon Cream Cheese Icing.
Heavy cream. It may also be called heavy whipping cream -- same thing.
Softened butter. You want the butter to be very soft so it creams well with the cream cheese.
Softened cream cheese. Use room temperature cream cheese that's nice and soft so it whips up without lumps.
Powdered sugar. If you prefer stiffer icing, you can add a little more powdered sugar.
Heavy cream. Just a teaspoon is all you need to make the frosting smooth and creamy.
Step 1: In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
If desired, stir or mix the frosting from the tube of cinnamon rolls into the homemade cream cheese frosting.
Step 2: Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees. Spray avocado oil or olive oil into an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan that fits your 6-quart air fryer. You can also line the pan with parchment paper.
Separate dough and arrange the cinnamon rolls in a single layer in the pan. Pour ½ cup cream around the rolls.
Step 3: Place the pan into the air fryer basket. The easiest way I've found to lower the pan into the bottom of the basket is with a foil sling. Tuck the ends of the foil down before sliding the basket in.
Air fry cinnamon rolls for 6 minutes.
Step 4: Remove the pan and flip rolls over. Air fry for 6 more minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the internal temperature reads 190. Exact time may vary for your air fryer model. Check a couple of minutes before the end of the cook time so they don't overcook.
Step 5: Frost the rolls. Slather the cream cheese frosting over the warm cinnamon rolls.
Step 6: Serve warm.
- Use an aluminum foil sling to lower and lift the pan into and out of the air fryer basket.
- For best results, check for doneness a couple minutes before the end of the cooking time -- no one wants hard cinnamon rolls!
- The secret to making perfectly cooked cinnamon rolls in the air fryer is flipping them halfway through. Don't forget this step!
How to Reheat Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 350.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in an 8 or 9-inch pan that fits your air fryer.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of water or cream over the rolls. Spread each roll with a little butter.
- Cover the pan with foil.
- Air fry for 3-8* minutes or until the rolls are warm throughout.
*Room temperature rolls will warm up in about 3-4 minutes. Cold rolls taken right out of the fridge may take up to 8 or more minutes.
Store leftover cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Yes! Air fryer Pillsbury cinnamon rolls are a perfect quick and easy breakfast because they cook in less time than a conventional oven.
Pillsbury air fryer cinnamon rolls baked in heavy cream soak up the liquid and become moist and pillowy soft with rich flavor.
First, bake the cinnamon rolls in heavy cream. This makes the dough moist, pillowy soft and gives it a rich flavor -- closer to homemade. Then, add more frosting. There's nowhere near enough frosting in a tube of cinnamon rolls. Make a small batch of homemade cream cheese frosting and stir the canned stuff into it.
Let's Stay in Touch
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
For the Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls
- ½ cup heavy cream
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla together until smooth and fluffy.
- If desired, stir the frosting from the tube of cinnamon rolls into the homemade cream cheese frosting. You can also leave it out and just use the homemade frosting.
Make the Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Spray a little oil into an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan that fits your air fryer.
- Arrange the cinnamon rolls in the pan. Pour ½ cup cream around the rolls. Use a foil sling to lower the pan into the air fryer basket. Tuck the ends of the foil down before sliding the basket back in.
- Air fry the cinnamon rolls for 6 minutes. Remove the pan and flip the rolls over. Air fry for 6 more minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the internal temperature reads 190. The exact time may vary for your air fryer. Check on them a couple of minutes before the end of the cooking time to make sure they don't overcook.
- Slather on the cream cheese frosting. Serve warm. Store leftover cinnamon rolls in an airtight container in the refrigerator.