A comforting bowl of pasta is the perfect dinner for busy weeknights. It’s an easy, delicious meal that's versatile enough to share the dinner table with any of these 35 appetizers, side dishes, and sauces that pair perfectly with pasta.
Whatever your pasta night go-to is, simple side dishes can make it taste even better and bring tons of color and flavor to everyone’s dinner plate.
You can even lean on a crisp lettuce salad and fresh-from-the-oven breadsticks to breathe life into last night’s reheated pasta!
What Can Be Served with Pasta?
When it comes to choosing the best side dishes for your pasta dinner, there are endless options — and no wrong answers. Some of the most popular recipes to serve with pasta include things like:
- Appetizers — get the full restaurant experience with a simple appetizer
- Pizza — fact: no one will say no to a slice of pizza with their pasta
- Garlic bread or breadsticks — because sopping up sauce with garlicy bread is one of life’s simple pleasures
- Salads — a fresh lettuce side salad or veggie salad adds crunch and bright flavors to your pasta meal
- Fresh vegetables — a roasted vegetable side dish helps round out the meal
- A great sauce — step away from the jar and toss your pasta in an easy homemade sauce
- Protein — add meatballs, grilled chicken, steak, or ground beef to your pasta dinner for a hearty main dish
35 Delicious Dishes to Serve with Pasta
If you're wondering what to serve with pasta, take a twirl through this list of tasty appetizers, pizzas, breads, salads, vegetables, proteins, and pasta sauces.