No bake Jello pie with a graham cracker crust is a light and fluffy 4-ingredient pie recipe made with Jello, pudding, and Cool Whip. It's an incredibly easy recipe and the perfect dessert for Easter and spring and summer parties.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, you'll get more FREE recipes and tips from my Midwestern kitchen to yours!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails from Midwestern HomeLife
It's such a delicious pie -- light as air, fluffy as a cloud, and one of the easiest pies you'll ever make. It's just 4 ingredients!
And you can make it with any flavor of Jell-O you like. I made it for Easter with strawberry Jell-O, and it was the first dessert to go!
Why You're Going to Love This Recipe
- Lemon pie with graham cracker crust is light and refreshing -- perfect for spring and summer parties!
- Quick and easy Jello pie recipe with just 4 ingredients (plus water and ice)
- Fun to make with different flavors of Jello
- No bake icebox lemon pie is an easy dessert the whole family will love
This easy Jello pie comes together with simple ingredients you can find in any grocery store.
Lemon Jell-o. Two 3 oz. boxes of lemon Jello (4-serving size) give this easy no bake lemon pie plenty of puckery lemon flavor. You can also make this with any flavor of Jello you like. Orange Jello, cherry Jello, peach Jello, or strawberry Jell-o mix would all be delicious!
Instant vanilla pudding. One 3.4 ounce box of instant vanilla or French vanilla pudding. Even though the mixture is cooked, instant pudding gives this pie the perfect smooth consistency. Do not use cook-and-serve pudding - it'll come out clumpy and weird.
Cool Whip. One 8 oz. container of Cool Whip makes this pie super light and fluffy. If you're not into Cool Whip, I suggest giving Truwhip a try.
Graham cracker crust. You can use a premade graham cracker crust or make your own crust with this recipe.
How to Make No Bake Jello Pie
Step 1: Place the pudding mix and gelatin mix in a medium saucepan with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Simmer and whisk frequently for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add enough ice cubes to ½ cup of cold water to get 1 ¼ cups of ice water. Add the ice water to the pudding and gelatin mix, stirring until the ice melts.
Step 2: Pour the gelatin mixture into a heat-proof bowl.
Chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, until the mixture has cooled and slightly thickened. Whisk the mixture to break up any clumps of Jello.
Step 3: Fold the Cool Whip into the lemon Jello mixture until it is completely combined. Chill for 30 minutes or until the mixture is thick enough to mound into the pie crust.
Step 4: Spoon the lemon Cool Whip mixture into the prepared pie shell. Cover and chill the pie for at least 4 hours or overnight to set.
Step 5: Spread more whipped topping on top of the pie and, if desired, sprinkle with fresh lemon zest.
Serve with fresh berries or fresh fruit. This pie is best enjoyed within 24 hours.
- Be sure to use instant pudding (even though you're cooking it -- odd, I know). Because of the ratios of the liquid and whipped topping, cook-and-serve pudding will make the mixture clumpy and weird.
- If you like a crispier graham cracker crust, bake it for 8-10 minutes at 350 and let it cool completely before adding the lemon pie filling. You can even brush it with an egg wash before baking to keep it from softening.
- Swap out lemon Jello for your favorite Jello flavor. No bake strawberry pie and orange Jello pie are two of our faves!
- Dress up the foil pie tin by serving the pie in a pretty pie plate. This is the one you see in the photos.
Store leftover lemon Jello pie covered in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
No, that's the beauty of no-bake dessert recipes! You can spoon the filling into a store-bought graham cracker crust or use your own graham cracker crust recipe.
For a crispier or sturdier crust, bake it for 8-10 minutes and let it cool completely before adding the filling.
Absolutely! This is a great recipe to swap out with different flavors of Jello.
A pretty pink strawberry pie, dreamy orange creamsicle pie, or zesty key lime pie would all be absolutely delicious and refreshing summer dessert recipes.
More Easy Pie Recipes
Let's Stay in Touch
No Bake Jello Pie
- 2 3 oz. boxes lemon Jello
- 1 3.4 oz. box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 ½ cups water, divided
- ¾ cup ice cubes
- 8 ounces Cool Whip or whipped cream
- 1 9" graham cracker crust store-bought or homemade
- Optional: more Cool Whip (or whipped cream) lemon zest, and fresh berries, for serving
- Place the pudding mix and both boxes of gelatin mix in a saucepan. Add 1 cup of water. Whisk and bring to a boil. Simmer and whisk frequently for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add enough ice cubes to ½ cup of cold water to get 1 ¼ cups of ice water. Add the ice water to the pudding and gelatin mix, stirring until the ice melts. Pour the mixture into a heat-proof bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until the mixture has cooled and slightly thickened.
- Fold 8 ounces of Cool Whip into the lemon pudding and gelatin mixture until it is completely combined. Chill for 30 minutes or until the mixture is thick enough to mound.
- Spoon the mixture into the graham cracker crust. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight to set.
- If desired, add more Cool Whip and lemon zest on top of the lemon Jello pie. Serve with fresh strawberries or fruit.
- This pie is best enjoyed within 24 hours.It's also delicious frozen and slightly thawed :).